Easy and quick recipes inspired by Josh who is at Aston Uni and Aedy who is at Nottingham Trent. The full list of recipes now lives on our recipe web site Arford Books
Before we start, here is a guide to quantities for those who don’t have a set of weighing scales. You are going to need a ruler and a measuring jug or set of American cup measuring sets instead. You can easily calculate the quantities you need with a bit of multiplication or division.
- Spaghetti: a bunch of dry spaghetti 20mm diameter and 250mm long is one portion (3oz or 85 grams)
- Pasta shapes: 250ml is one portion (3oz or 85 grams) but it depends on the shapes, some pack more densely than others. A large mug, heaped, is a good guide.
- Rice: 70ml is one portion (2oz or 60 grams)
- Couscous: 70ml is one portion (2oz or 60 grams)
- Sugar: 50ml is 50grams
- Flour: 50ml is 50grams
- Butter: 1 cubic centimetre is about 1 gram
- Cheese: 1 cubic centimetre is about 1.15 grams